If you are interested in Invisalign, you will definitely appreciate the iOC scanner. Traditional impressions for Invisalign are notoriously unpleasant and can be difficult to take accurately. By using the iOC Scanner, a significantly more accurate "impression" is made which translates into better fitting, more accurate Invisalign aligners.
What is an iOC Scanner?
The iOC Scanner is a digital orthodontic impression system in which a scan is taken of the teeth with a camera-like wand. The traditional way to take an impression is to mix a powder with water creating a paste which is placed in the mouth using a small tray. The accuracy of the digital system ensures a more accurate impression of the patients mouth is made from the start of treatment, which results in more accurate and improved orthodontic treatment. An accurate impression is the foundation of the accurate study model required for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care.
Why is using an iOC scanner better?
Conventional vs Digital Impressions
• Imaging quality superior to results achieved with alginate or PVS impressions
• Produces a more accurate dental record
• Less invasive for the patient
• Results in more effective treatment
• Less anxious impression experience
• Fewer repeat appointments
• Eliminates the goop, gagging, and patient discomfort experienced by traditional impression moulding
A digital scan performed with iOC is, quite literally, digitally perfect and can be easily produced by our orthodontic assistants in a fraction of the time taken to begin to prepare a conventional impression. At Jarrell Orthodontics we are always on the lookout for new techniques and technologies that can benefit our patients. We strive to be Ahead of the Curve.